Job #18938 | Contract | Engineer
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Accounts Payable Specialist. This is a Full-time, Contract, assignment with our client in Bellevue, WA.
Overview of YOUR role as a Accounts Payable Specialist:
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for accurate, efficient and timely processing of invoices, payments and corporate card reconciliation. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable with direct, indirect and unallowable expenses and will demonstrate extensive knowledge in GAAP, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and user experience in Concur and Oracle Fusion Cloud.
As a Accounts Payable Specialist YOU will:
- Perform accounts payable tasks including tracking, recording, coding, routing invoices for approval.
- Review invoices received against PO/PR on file.
- Record invoices in Oracle, ensure proper coding of GL/department/project codes.
- Work closely with procurement and technical representatives to obtain required approvals.
- Able to identify unallowable costs according to government rules and/or contractual terms.
- Assist in the process for disbursements to vendors, subcontractors, subrecipients.
- Reconcile company owned credit cards monthly and post bill entries and payments in the financial system.
- Manage vendor relations, research and resolve variances or discrepancies in invoices.
- Support general ledger accounting journal entry posting.
- Track invoices subject to sales or use tax, prepare use tax calculation worksheet, and record use tax accrual on a monthly basis.
- AP file maintenance
- Prepare and process 1099 forms and file with the IRS.
- Applies general knowledge of accounting/government policies and procedures when responding to written and verbal inquiries from stakeholders.
- Support Audits to provide AP related documents including invoice and payment backups.
YOU are the ideal Accounts Payable Specialist if you have:
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and ability to quickly adapt to other Finance and Accounting systems is preferred(Oracle and Concur)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; high degree of accuracy
- Capable of quickly comprehending new information and technologies
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Moderate communication skills, comfortable working with operations team/non-accounting professionals
- Analytical/problem solving – ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities
- Must be team oriented, willing to operate within a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
- Strong communication skills desired
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications
It’s a BONUS if you have:
- Knowledge of Oracle is preferred
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds.
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day.
- Travel required: 0-5%
About Our Client
Our client is a nuclear technology company based in Bellevue, Washington. At its core, the company is working to raise living standards globally through a more affordable, secure and environmentally friendly form of nuclear energy along with innovations in medical isotopes to improve human health.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information, or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.