Job #18862 | Direct Hire | Drafter
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Design Specialist in Detroit, MI. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity. Our client offers a competitive package including benefits, vacation and holidays. They are seeking an outgoing, self-motivated individual looking for a company where they can continue to grow their skill set!
Our client offers a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of the organization.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals. .
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 800 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management and Industrial Solutions.
This position is responsible for performing engineering design on a variety of engineering tasks with ongoing supervision. The Design Specialist receives technical guidance on new design topics that have not been experienced by the Design Specialist. The Design Specialist will work closely with other senior engineers on typical engineering assignments tasks which are not familiar to the Design Specialist.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applying technical knowledge to power distribution design
- Below and above ground cable noting
- Completing field work/noting and taking measurements
- Training of new engineers on designs
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from ABET accredited university
- Four years in the electric utility industry
- Power distribution utility design
- Curious and active listener: You have a deep hunger to learn, coupled with a willingness to think outside the box. You ask a lot of questions. You recognize there is a difference between “hearing” and “listening.”
- Resilient and self-motivated: You are always striving to build upon previous successes
- Detail oriented: The little things matter!
- Collaborative: When we all succeed, we’re better for it!
- Computer Aided Design or GIS Design (preferred)
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.