Job #18825 | Contract To Hire | Drafter
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Design Specialist in San Antonio, TX. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity. Our client offers a competitive package including benefits, vacation and holidays. They are seeking an outgoing, self-motivated individual looking for a company where they can continue to grow their skill set!
Our client offers a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of the organization.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals. .
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 800 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management and Industrial Solutions.
This position is responsible for performing engineering design on a variety of engineering tasks with ongoing supervision. The Design Specialist receives technical guidance on new design topics that have not been experienced by the Design Specialist. The Design Specialist will work closely with other senior engineers on typical engineering assignments tasks which are not familiar to the Design Specialist.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- 15-20% Going out to the field to evaluate infrastructure to figure out how to proceed with project.
- Applying sound engineering knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project assignments with supervision and assistance from other engineers and managers.
- Performing a variety of basic engineering tasks to assist in the production of plans, specifications, reports, diagrams, and engineering documents with supervision by other engineers and supervisors.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary.
- Basic CAD skills preferred
- GIS experience preferred
- 3+ years in electric distribution design (4kV – 69kV) performing basic engineering tasks
- Enthusiasm to be a part of the team and open to learn new skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Understand how to plan a conduit layout
- Understand overhead electric construction
- Identify different pieces of equipment on the distribution system
- Ability to read and understand civil or GIS drawings
- Ability to produce accurate and error-free work
- Ability to learn and acquire skills and knowledge through continuous study/experience
- Ability and enthusiasm to be a team player and work with other to produce products/services
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter, work well without supervision
- Ability to extract information/instructions from documentation
- Highly organized and able to multitask and oversee several projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good listening skills with the ability to learn new processes and systems
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Provide design support to multiple work areas
- Ability to manage project timeline, scope, and risks.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.