Job #18941 | Direct Hire | Field Technician
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Design Technician in Baltimore, MD. This is a Full-time, Contract to hire, Remote/ Field Based assignment with our client. This position offers a competitive package including benefits, vacation, and holidays.
Overview of YOUR role as a Design Technician
The Design Technician applies developing technical expertise to solve simple problems, and management skills to provide oversight of work in a specific area of developing expertise, with close supervision. You will develop skills in your field of study and the ability to work with some degree of independence.
As a Design Technician YOU will:
- Responsibilities may include GPS survey, overhead/underground line locating, inspections, testing, and documentation of power distribution, gas distribution, ROW, compressors, and other related facilities
- Complete design task for associated utility design projects. Tasks include but are not limited to drafting, engineering calculations, easement validation; design/construction cost estimating & permit package development.
- Managing multiple projects in order to assure timely, successful completion for projects resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction and company/departmental goal achievements.
- Ability to review Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for update or conflict
- Coordinate projects for construction across multiple departments to accomplish timely construction and meet customer, crew member or client needs within a negotiated timeframe
- Learn and incorporate company safety rules and policies, company design standards and governing authority regulations into daily work and designs. Designs will meet all requirements of applicable company safety standards, company distribution construction standards, and governing authority regulations
YOU are the ideal Design Technician candidate if you have:
- High School Diploma required. Technical certificate in drafting or other technical skill preferred.
- 1-3 years of general construction or utility experience preferred.
- Basic design skills, AutoCAD or MicroStation knowledge preferred.
- Must have own vehicle and ability to travel if required.
It’s a BONUS if you have:
- Detail and quality oriented. Must be comfortable reading and interpreting technical documentation including blueprints, construction specifications and other items.
- Strong communication and customer skills.
- Ability to understand instructions and independently carry out instructed tasks.
- Ability to grow into responsibility for managing long term client program work.
About Our Client
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities, and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 1,000 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management, and Industrial Solutions.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.
Other Position Titles Applicable for Design Technician
AutoCAD, Cad Drafter, Drafting, Cad Designer, Cad Technician, Cad, Architectural Drafter, Field Technician