Job #18830 | Direct Hire | Engineer
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Manager of Transmission Line Engineering in the Charlotte, NC area. This is a full-time, direct hire position to support our client's projects. This opportunity offers a competitive package including medical benefits, vacation and holidays.
The Transmission Line Engineering Manager's Role
The Manager of Transmission Line Engineering will supervise and technically lead electric transmission design projects for high-voltage and extra-high-voltage overhead electric utility lines. In this role, you will also:
- Convey clear expectations, goals and vision
- Manage the performance of direct reports
- Motivate, coach, and mentor skilled professionals and delegate project work
- Capable to manage collaboration and conflict resolution to achieve successful results
- Practice behaviors supporting diversity and inclusion
- Display good business acumen and an understanding of project performance metrics
- Through understanding performance metrics, must be able to identify potential risks and opportunities to add value
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil (preferred), Structural or Mechanical Engineering with 12+ years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
- Professional Engineering Registration in at least one U.S. state or equivalent
- Experience with the following: PLS-CADD, POLE, TOWER, SAG10, LPILE and/or FAD, and Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional attributes that will make you a higher-level candidate include:
- M.S. Degree in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Able to work effectively in a team environment and also independently
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Ability to develop staff through mentoring.
- Capability to review engineering calculations including PLS-CADD models
- Knowledge of NESC code requirements, construction cost estimating, specification, material procurement processes, project schedule creation, and construction work packages
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, Bentley ProjectWise, ESRI ArcGIS Programs, Microsoft SharePoint, and Mathcad
Please note that work in the client's office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.