Job #18854 | Contract | Engineer
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Project Coordinator in Bellevue, WA. This is a Full-time, Contract, Office Based assignment with our client.
Overview of YOUR role as a Project Coordinator
The Engineering Coordinator is focused on the management of engineering design activities, coordination of interfaces between project teams, and facilitation of engineering work planning and team staffing. In this role you will interface with multiple engineering teams on a daily basis to coordinate required activities, develop detailed schedules for technical work execution, and support individual teams in forecasting a variety of needs to successfully meet project milestones.
As a Project Coordinator, YOU will:
- Manage modifications to the high-level engineering schedule.
- Initiate and facilitate change process approvals for new and emerging engineering activities.
- Align and manage breakdown of the high-level engineering tasks into subtasks for multiple design teams.
- Verify and track team assignments within schedule, manage engineering resources over time and generate resource forecasting on a bi-monthly basis.
- Communicate and coordinate buy-in from relevant stakeholders and track requests to resource managers.
- Develop, refine, and manage the standard design activity sequences in preparation for schedule development of future design phases and procurement activities.
- Generate detailed versions for specific activity sequences such as procurements or integrated analyses.
- Create, manage, and track milestones alignment to task activities.
- Gather status reporting from design teams and manage updates to project reporting venues. Provide periodic status updates to key engineering leaders and identify pinch points in resource allocations and/or sequence timing.
- Support and coordinate project fiscal year schedule, resource, and budget planning efforts.
YOU are the ideal Project Coordinator candidate if you have:
·B.S. or higher in a relevant Engineering discipline from an accredited university and 4+ years direct experience with project management.
·Demonstrated experience in project management of engineering activities in the nuclear field, including systems engineering and/or nuclear design process.
·Strong understanding of technical schedule management, including project reporting, schedule development, logic sequences, and resource forecasting.
·Experience with Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, or equivalent project management tool
·Excellent communication and organization skills.
It’s a BONUS if you have:
- M.S. in Engineering
- PMP Certification
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Confluence and JIRA.
- Knowledge of NRC 10CFR50 licensing process
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%
About Our Client
Our client is a nuclear technology company based in Bellevue, Washington. At its core, the company is working to raise living standards globally through a more affordable, secure and environmentally friendly form of nuclear energy along with innovations in medical isotopes to improve human health.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information, or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.
Other Position Titles Applicable for Project Coordinator
Nuclear Project Coordinator, Project Manager