Job #18948 | Direct Hire | Engineer
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Gas Project Engineer in Houston/Austin, TX This is a full-time, direct hire, remote/field position to support our client's projects.
Overview of YOUR role as a Gas Project Engineer:
The Gas Project Engineer is responsible for performing detailed natural gas pipeline engineering design on a variety of engineering tasks that require a high level of technical expertise. The Gas Project Engineer is also responsible for performing engineering tasks on multiple projects concurrently that may contain a high degree of technical difficulty, making decisions and recommendations that are considered authoritative and have important impact on engineering discipline design decisions leading design responsibility as an engineering discipline lead and acting as a project manager on small projects.
As a Gas Project Engineer YOU will:
- Apply sound and diversified knowledge of discipline engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project assignments. Capable of successfully solving complex problems that require creative solutions.
- Initiate and maintain extensive contacts with key engineers and officials in other organizations to confirm that engineering practices applied are consistent with current engineering standards, regulatory requirements, and current technological innovations.
- Provide input to Project Managers and the Business Unit Leader concerning potential process and design improvements related to engineering design and technology.
- Manage all projects that are assigned by the Project Manager, Sr. Project Manager, Director or Sr. Director to ensure the projects meet all required project measurements and indicators for performance which have been set by either the client or internally. These performance indicators include, but are not limited to, schedule performance, project budget performance, project profitability, client relationship and satisfaction, and project quality control.
- Assist entry level engineers and provide quality feedback and guidance.
- Meet with client and client’s mechanical contractor during in-person or phone meetings and confidently describing project scope and design requirements while answering questions.
- Maintain, implement and monitor a system of quality control and check on all projects assigned.
- Maintain a system to accurately forecast fee revenue on an ongoing monthly basis.
- Monitor the training needs of individual staff members whom are direct reports and identifying and scheduling training programs with the BUL.
- Provide key support to the BUL in all business development activities.
- Assist in preparing proposals for the business unit by estimating engineering hours as an engineering discipline lead.
- Develop and maintaining quality relationships with clients.
- Maintain a collaborative spirit in working with other Business Units providing the most optimum project team for projects often using personnel from multiple Business Units
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary.
YOU are the ideal Gas Project Engineer if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university (Engineer) or appropriate technical degree or related experience (Specialist)
- PE or on path to PE License preferred – EIT preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years of work experience with at least 4 years of work experience in the Natural Gas Industry.
- Strong understanding of project constructability
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients and staff members
- Strong technical engineering expertise (expert level) related to one or more engineering disciplines
- Strong industry contacts and knowledge of the industry
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Project management experience in oil and gas — we need people who have put pencil to paper and have done a true pipeline design, managed contract, Client facing position – strong communication skills
Top Main Duties and responsibilities on a day-to-day:
- Doing some complex designs and being more hands
- Managing team – leadership
- Reviewing drawings, designs for DE/Sr. DE
- Mentoring training
- Coordinating w/ Municipalities for various permits
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 800 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management, and Industrial Solutions.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.