Job #18712 | Contract | Government, Technical Writer
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Government Technical Writer/Editor/Communications Specialist in Washington DC. This is a full-time, contract, remote assignment with our client. This position offers a competitive package including benefits, vacation, and holidays.
Overview of YOUR role as a Government Technical Writer/Editor/Communications Specialist:
Organize material and write descriptive copy according to established standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. Develop, write, and edit functional descriptions, system specifications, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
As a Government Technical Writer/Editor/Communications Specialist, YOU will:
- Gather, analyze, and compose complex technical information
- Conduct research and ensure the use of proper technical terminology
- Translate technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material
- Develop communications materials for publications, internet, strategic initiatives, user manuals, training materials, installation guides, whitepapers, reports, etc.
- Provide technical writing support and deciper directions provided on scripted storyboards, specifications, etc.
- review documents for technical accuracy in accordance with applicable regulations
- Support content creating and management on networks and web platforms (i.e. Social Media)
YOU are the ideal Government Technical Writer/Editor/Communications Specialist candidate if you have:
- BA/BS and 5 years of relevant experience or Master’s and 3 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience working for the government; DHS, DoD, etc.
- An active Secret or Top Secret security clearance
About Our CLIENT
Our client delivers strategic and professional services spanning cities, transportation, buildings, water, new energy, and the environment. They create a sustainable infrastructure for the future with planners, designers, engineers, program managers, consultants, and construction managers. Working throughout the project lifecycle, their team is driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Who WE Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.