Job #18954 | Contract |
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Senior Electrical Engineer. This is a Full-time, Direct Hire, Remote position with our client.
Overview of YOUR role as a Senior Electrical Engineer:
The Senior Electrical Engineer will perform electrical and instrumentation designs for natural gas and other energy facility/pipeline projects in the conceptual, feasibility, pre-FEED, FEED, preliminary, constructability, engineering, permitting, procurement and construction phases.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer YOU will:
- Perform electrical engineering for natural gas and other energy facility/pipeline projects in the conceptual, feasibility, pre-FEED, FEED, preliminary, constructability, engineering, permitting, procurement and construction phases
- Prepare engineering and technical reports, correspondence and related documentation
- Review and develop design and material specifications
- Work closely with constructability and construction specialists in performing project evaluations, constructability evaluations, construction methodology development, and other pre-construction services
- Provide direction for engineering data to be incorporated into digital project controls tools
- Interface and connect daily with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Provide engineering content for proposal development in response to client RFPs
- Provide leadership, training and mentoring to less experienced engineers and team members
- Develop an electrical scope of work and list of deliverables
YOU are the ideal Senior Electrical Engineer YOU if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Required Technical Experience: Low and medium voltage power distribution design; building, area, and roadway lighting design; grounding and lighting protection system designs; load study; load flow, breaker coordination, and Arc Flash Studies; CCTV; security; PLC based instrumentation and control system design; fiber optic cabling designs; networking; NEC code analysis; electrical construction inspection; electrical and instrumentation construction cost estimating
- Expertise in industry codes and standards including NEC, IESNA, NFPA 70E, IEEE Color Book Series
- Licensed Professional Engineer with preferred registration in Texas, Louisiana and other states
- Senior Electrical Engineer: 12+ years’ experience in engineering and related services
- Electrical Engineer: 5-7+ years’ experience in engineering and related services
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, SKM or ETAP, Computer Based Lighting Software and other discipline related software programs
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment with significant collaboration, knowledge sharing and focus on customer service
It’s a BONUS if you have:
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds.
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day.
- Travel required: Occasional Travel 10-15%
- About Our Client
Our Client has been serving the Energy industry continuously for more than 72 years. Our mission is to safely and efficiently deliver full lifecycle services while providing a daily culture of “Doing the Right Thing.”
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information, or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.