Job #18962 | Direct Hire | Designer
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Sr. Transmission Line Designer in NC/VA/FL . This is a Full-time, Contract to hire, Remote assignment with our client. This position offers a competitive package including benefits, vacation, and holidays.
Overview of YOUR role as a Sr. Transmission Line Designer:
The Sr. Transmission Line Designer possesses a working knowledge of drafting/design, including techniques, standards, nomenclature, and symbols used in the preparation of drawings. Candidate must have good interpersonal skills to build relationships and work effectively in a team environment.
As a Sr. Transmission Line Designer YOU will:
- Works under direction of Engineer or Design Specialists, and Engineering Manager.
- Performs basic functions required to develop and design routine to moderately difficult engineering and construction drawings (layouts, assemblies, schematics, and details) in specialty area based on general engineering or design information utilizing computer aided design technology.
- Use PLS Cadd and other software for design activities
- Coordinates design work between specialty areas of project team.
- Responsible for the quality of design documents, and that all documents are prepared in accordance with applicable Mesa or client procedures which define the requirements for document/deliverable generation. May perform design checking function on non-complex design deliverables.
- Understands the basic design approach (technical, construction, and commercial) and ensures that the design approach meets the applicable requirements.
- Has a general understanding of drawing types required for a project, their purpose, and inter-relationship with other sets of deliverables.
- Manages personal task assignments and adheres to project scope of work, schedule and budget on all assigned tasks.
- Communication with Engineer or project manager on project status, needs, and changes in scope, schedule, and budget.
- Performs basic design calculations, prepares material and equipment specifications, and produces preliminary sketches or detailed design drawings once design approach is finalized.
- May, depending on project complexity, act in a lead role over other designers and drafters.
- Must have an understanding of general construction methods and constructability requirements, and ensure that design deliverables meet those requirements.
- Works with Engineer to evaluate, select, and apply design techniques, procedures, and criteria to assigned engineering/technical tasks.
- Reference information from vendor prints, catalogs, technical manuals, and client standards and interface with engineering as required.
- Work with project personnel to resolve internal and external customer issues which may be critical, sensitive, complex, or urgent.
YOU are the ideal Sr. Transmission Line Designer candidate if you have:
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve routine technical problems related to specialty area.
- Possesses a working knowledge of drafting/design, including techniques, standards, nomenclature, and symbols used in the preparation of drawings.
- Possess aptitude for computing, design, and drawing preparation/layout.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills to build relationships and work effectively in a team environment.
- Possess willingness to accept responsibility and ensure that work completed is of the highest quality.
- Thorough understanding of applicable company policies, procedures, and practices. General understanding of applicable federal, state, and local government laws and regulations.
- Possess working knowledge of computers and software such as PLS Cad, AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Microsoft Office Suites.
- Possess willingness to develop, promote and comply with Mesa safety requirements.
It’s a BONUS if you have:
Advanced level Microstation knowledge
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds.
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day.
- Travel required: up to <5%
About Our Client
Our client is an information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets based in Reston, VA.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information, or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.