Job #18964 | Contract | Field Technician
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Utility Field Technician in Pomona, CA. This is a Full-time, Contract, Field assignment with our client.
Overview of YOUR role as a Utility Field Technician:
The Utility Field Technician may work independently or with a helper to gather detailed information on utility poles, electrical distribution and telecommunication lines, pole attachments, wire heights and any other information necessary for the purpose of pole loading, permitting, design planning, and/or drafting.
As a Utility Field Technician YOU will:
- Reliable and consistent attendance
- Collects accurate and complete data for permits, easements, and right of ways in a timely manner
- Able to identify most pole attachments
- Interact professionally with clients, property owners, contractors, and developers as needed
- Traverse terrain that can be at times difficult to access and/or in remote areas
- General knowledge of electrical utility practices and safety
- Work closely with other divisions within the company
- Ability to interpret and understand field sheet notes, schematics, maps, and drawings
- Produce routine and project specific correspondence in a neat, timely, and legible manner
- Track time spent on jobs, the mileage and materials needed to perform duties
- Follows and ensures others follow general safety guidelines and are wearing appropriate PPE
YOU are the ideal Utility Field Technician if you have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous Experience in Utilities
- Must have reliable transportation and have a valid driver’s license
- Basic working knowledge of general computer applications, including Windows and MS Office product, specifically Word and Excel
- Experience in Catapult Pole Pro
- Experience with permitting
- Ability to understand instructions and independently carry out instructed tasks
- Able to use a measuring device and understand units of measure
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and customer skills
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
It’s a BONUS if you have:
- Electrical Background
- Line Inspection experience
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds.
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day.
- Travel required: 100% field travel
- About Our Client
Our Client is a full service multi-discipline engineering, procurement, and construction management firm specializing in providing engineering services to electric utility, heavy industrial, and government clients. Our Client offers one of the most experienced and capable teams available for conducting engineering studies, analyzing systems, preparing designs, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates for a wide range of projects.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information, or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.