RCS Corporation has an immediate need for an Accounts Payable Specialist for our client in the Bellevue, WA area. This is a six month, remote, contract opportunity with the possibility of extension.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
The Accounts Payable Specialist – Contractor will be responsible for accurate, efficient and timely processing of invoices and posting of payments. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable with direct, indirect and unallowable expenses and will demonstrate extensive knowledge in GAAP. Knowledge in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and user experience in NetSuite and Stampli are preferred.
• Assist in full-cycle accounts payable including tracking, recording, coding, approval routing and payment posting
• Review invoices received against PO/PR and Item Receipts on file to maintain 3-way match
• Record invoices in NetSuite and Stampli, ensure proper coding of GL/department/project codes
• Work closely with procurement, technical representatives and project managers to obtain required approvals
• Identify unallowable costs according to government rules and/or contractual terms
• Issue control total for checks, wire, ACH payments, void checks, positive pay
• Manage vendor relations, research and resolve variances or discrepancies in invoices
• Support general ledger accounting including account reconciliations and journal entry posting
• Record sales & use tax as applicable
• Maintain electronic AP file
• Monitor the accounts payable aging
• Implement policies and procedures to help improve efficiencies
• Perform moderately complex accounting tasks/analysis, categorize data for reporting and audit purpose
• Apply general knowledge of accounting/government policies and procedures when responding to written and verbal inquiries from stakeholders
• Support GAAP audits and government compliance audits
• Perform ad hoc duties as assigned
Key Qualifications and Skills
• B.S. degree in Accounting or related field or the equivalent business-experience
• Minimum of two years of work experience in an accounting environment
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and able to quickly adapt to other Finance and Accounting systems (NetSuite, Concur, Stampli)
• Knowledge of NetSuite and/or Stampli is preferred
• Highly organized and detail-oriented; high degree of accuracy
• Capable of quickly comprehending new information and technologies
• Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills, comfortable working with operations team/non-accounting professionals, deal with complex accounting/project codes/org codes.
• Analytical/problem solving – ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities
• Must be team oriented, willing to operate within a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment
• The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.