RCS Corporation has an immediate need for an AutoCAD Drafter in Denver, CO. This is an onsite position, remote work is not an option. This position is contract with the potential for direct hire.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our client is an EPC (Engineer, Procure and Construct) company specializing in the design and building of plants in the construction material industries and technical ceramic firing solutions. Based on the accomplishments and experiences of the senior members of their team, they to be considered the worldwide leader for the design of manufacturing lines for the production of stiff extruded clay products. However, they also has many applications in the full range of clay products as well as concrete products, fly ash products, etc. In addition they have many connections with other specialized engineering companies, which enables it to deal with most projects in the construction material industry.
An AutoCAD drafter for proposals is responsible for developing general design drawings according to engineering sketches and proposal specifications. The drafter will work closely with the Process Engineers to produce the set of drawings that will be integrated to the bidding package.
Specific Duties Include:
- Producing high level layout and elevation drawings of manufacturing plants
- Producing process schematics
- Integrating drawings from customers or suppliers to your own drawing
- Converting PDF drawings to AutoCAD
- Calculating stockpile volumes and concrete volumes for equipment foundations/footers, and bunkers
- Drawing cross sections of kilns and dryers showing insulating materials
- Drawing kiln car setting patterns
- Working on multiple proposals at the same time
- Working with a team of engineers and reporting to the Proposals Department Manager
- Flexibility to occasionally work with Engineering department
- Associate degree in CAD and drafting as a minimum, Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is a plus.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Interested in manufacturing process and plant engineering
- Ability to look at and understand the big picture
- Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Task oriented position, deadlines have to be respected