RCS Corporation seeking a highly motivated CAD Administrator. In this role, you will develop, implement, and enforce processes and procedures in support of the creation of mechanical design solutions, 3D CAD models, and engineering drawings for the conceptual and preliminary design development of advanced Generation IV nuclear reactors. Candidates must have extensive experience in mechanical/structural design and drafting using SolidWorks and PDM.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
CAD Administrator Responsibilities:
• Own and maintain procedures, processes, and guidance supporting the production, control, and use of CAD models and drawings
• Regularly review design group generated documents and propose improvements. Pro-actively contribute to written guidance and standards development.
• Identify and capitalize on opportunities to improve CAD & PDM processes and systems to maximize productivity of CAD functions
• Manage the creation, checking, issuing and revisions of drawings for parts / assemblies
• Provide CAD support and troubleshooting of issues to CAD users
• Collaborate with Records Management and Document Control to streamline PDM/PLM interface
• Providing support to the Engineering Team as needed – 3D modeling, creating/updating 2D drawings, bill of material reviews, engineering change order documents, and installation/assembly drawings
• Manage the flow of documentation within the design and project groups
• Validate the accuracy of design documents with EDMS
• Validate documents are filed and stored by company standards and procedures
• Check and review drawings for accuracy of information and conformance to ASME & TerraPower drafting standards via electronic redline process.
• Produce robust CAD models that facilitate fast-paced design evolution and derivative creation that leverage advanced CAD modeling techniques and methodologies.
• Use model configurations to support analysis needs, such as: Structural, Neutronics, Thermal-Hydraulic, Radiological, Safety, etc.
• Document design progress, changes, and decisions via TerraPower’s internal & external online collaboration workspaces.
• Create supporting technical presentations, documents, and reports as
Key Qualifications and Skills:
• A minimum of seven years of Solidworks proficiency is required
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in Solidworks PDM administration and building/maintaining workflows
• Experience checking fabrication drawings
• Demonstrated experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
• Experience with Solidworks customization (templates, tools, add-in features)
• Experience in CAD software support/IT support
• Solidworks API experience highly preferred
• AutoCAD Plant 3D experience preferred
• Organized and detail oriented, with excellent writing and communication skills
• Creative thinker with strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to work multiple tasks concurrently with minimum direction to solve challenging problems
• The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trustworthiness and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.