RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a CAD Support Technician in the Warrenville, IL area. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity. Our client offers a competitive package including benefits, vacation and holidays. They are seeking an outgoing, self-motivated individual looking for a company where they can continue to grow their skill set!
Our client offers a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of the organization.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals. .
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 800 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management and Industrial Solutions.
This position is responsible for providing First-level contact and problem resolution for all users especially the Design & Drafting group with hardware, software, and application issues. Installation of new software, installing of updates and patches or repairing of existing software. Trouble shooting of drawing file issues, remote connection issues, creating drawing templates and updating drawing templates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for prioritizing current tickets by severity of the request of the CAD helpdesk system.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, or electronically.
- Research questions using available information and resources.
- Advise the user and supervision on appropriate action that needs to be taken.
- Follow standard help desk procedures to find a permanent fix and not just a temporary solution to the problem.
- Identify and escalate situations that require urgent attention. Redirect to I.T. or seek assistance from colleagues or the CAD Manager if needed.
- Track and route problems and requests and document all resolutions.
- Install new software and software updates as needed.
- Familiarity with a wide range of desktop applications such as Microsoft Office, Autodesk, Bentley, CADWorx, Carlson, etc.
- 6-10 years experience providing CAD support & CAD Software trouble shooting preferred
- Ability to create drawing templates in different CAD Software’s
- Highly motivated, self-starter, and independent thinker.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to all levels of technical and non-technical co-workers.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and personal time management skills.
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity.
- Excellent Customer Service.
- Proactive work ethic.
- Ability to follow instructions.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone in a professional mannerism.