RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a remote Data Engineer. This is a temporary position, with the potential to roll direct. RCS offers a competitive package including benefits, vacation and holidays. Our client is seeking an outgoing, self-motivated individual looking for a company where they can continue to grow their skill set!
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our client is building a comprehensive data reporting system from the ground up which can be used to provide useful metrics to project managers and other stakeholders. By leveraging the power of data and automation to provide near-real time information, they intend to develop a leading-edge platform for their clients and team members to interact with and remain in the know about any project activities or metrics that are important to them. Imagine being at the ground level of a startup but backed by a robust and committed firm with an ambitious vision to revolutionize the world of energy pipeline & facilities construction projects.
As Data Engineer, you will be responsible for helping influence the outcome of system architecture and development of initial systems which will perform ETL of the data, as well as storage of data throughout the lifespan of any project. You’ll work hands on with the director of digital innovation, as well as subject matter experts, to design and build the system and its key components, eventually working to hire up and help grow the team to include data analysts and other team members as sales grow. At the start, you’ll get your hands dirty, working to start up systems and architecture quickly, and over time work strategically to grow the product and the team.
This role is for visionaries who have wanted to have direct influence over the development of a robust automation and reporting system, but also aren’t afraid to be hands on with building tools and systems from the ground up.
- Work directly with the Director of Digital Innovation to develop a vision, strategy, and roadmap for developing a robust data automation and reporting system
- Provide guidance and recommendations for investments for the basis of the system
- Work hands-on to connect data from a variety of data sources to an integration engine, in preparation for data to be loaded into BI reporting systems
- Assist in developing documentation and processes for future team members to quickly understand and adopt developed systems
- Work directly with SMEs to develop new reporting methodologies and based upon gathered requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field
- U.S. work authorization
- 3+ years of experience building real-time and distributed system architecture, from scratch to production
- 3+ years of experience working in data engineering or architecture role required
- Strong programming and analysis skills using tools such as Node, Python, SQL, Power Query, and DAX.
- Data stores
- Data Integration Engine experience (e.g., MS Logic Apps, Workato, MuleSoft)
- Azure stack or similar
- Power BI or similar
- Attention to detail
- Ad hoc data analysis in Excel and similar tools
- Critical thinking
- Development in cloud computing services
- Experience providing insights in mobile formats
- Experience working with SharePoint and other Microsoft tools
- PowerPoint/presentation development skills
- Resource planning
- Team leadership experience
- Working with structured & unstructured data
- Agile methodology
- Process mapping & business requirements documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking/presentation skills
- Understanding of key project management concepts such as cost management, schedule management, change management, etc.