RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Design Technician in Denver, CO. This is a full-time, direct hire position. This position will consist of entirely field work. Our client is seeking an outgoing, self-motivated individual looking for a company where they can continue to grow their skill set!
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 1,000 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management and Industrial Solutions.
Design Technician applies developing technical expertise to solve simple problems, and management skills to provide oversight of work in a specific area of developing expertise, with close supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop skills in their field of study, and the ability to work with some degree of independence.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities may include GPS survey, overhead/underground line locating, inspections, testing, and documentation of power distribution, gas distribution, ROW, compressors, and other related facilities
- Complete design task for associated utility design projects. Tasks include but are not limited to drafting, engineering calculations, easement validation; design/construction cost estimating & permit package development.
- Managing multiple projects in order to assure timely, successful completion for projects resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction and company/departmental goal achievements.
- Ability to review Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for update or conflict
- Coordinate projects for construction across multiple departments to accomplish timely construction and meet customer, crew member or client needs within a negotiated timeframe
- Learn and incorporate company safety rules and policies, company design standards and governing authority regulations into daily work and designs. Designs will meet all requirements of applicable company safety standards, company distribution construction standards, and governing authority regulations
- 1-3 years of general construction or utility experience preferred
- Associates Degree required
- Basic design skills, AutoCAD or Microstation knowledge preferred
- Ability to understand instructions and independently carry out instructed tasks
- Detail and quality oriented. Must be comfortable reading and interpreting technical documentation including blue prints, construction specifications and other items.
- Strong communication and customer skills.
- Must have own vehicle and ability to travel if required.
- Ability to grow into responsibility for managing long term client program work
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to work in hot, cold, or inclement climate conditions, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm.
- Ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Vision to read printed materials.
- Use of computer and related systems management equipment, as well as, corrosion testing equipment and tools.
- 100% travel required, including overnight travel and the ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in designated areas.