Forest Hill, Maryland
RCS Corporation has an immediate need a Distribution Designer in Forest Hill, MD. This is a full-time, long-term contract assignment. Medical benefits provided for this role along with paid vacation and holiday. Our client is seeking outgoing, self-motivated individuals looking for a company where they can continue to grow their skill set!
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Why We Need You
This position is responsible for developing engineered pipeline construction plans in a CAD/MicroStation platform; receiving roughly designed concepts from engineers and transforming them into working documents. Applications are predominantly related to the electrical engineering fields. This position is responsible for understanding and completing drawings in accordance with client specifications.
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 800 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management and Industrial Solutions.
- Gather existing plans, GIS data, aerial imagery, field notes, and survey data to assemble existing conditions drawings with minimal supervision
- Interpret various types of drawings and schematics
- Set up base files and maintain an overall project file structure
- Conduct field site visits to gather data required for project plan development
- Draft detailed dimensional 2D drawings as required for completion of projects
- Work with the internal and external project team to generate design package that meets client and industry standards.
- Modify drawings as required by project stakeholders.
- Perform peer reviews for completed drawing packages prior to submittal
- Communicate with clients and other external stakeholders both written and verbally in a professional manner.
- May be responsible for leading a body of work or small group of Drafters and CAD Specialists (act as a POC for Design Coordinator)
- Applies technical knowledge to designs and ensures projects meet specifications
- Learn new design applications as required
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
- Overtime may be required at times
- 3+ years of design experience in natural gas utilities or related industries
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD or MicroStation (evaluation required)
- Valid driver's license and transportation for field work (5-10% field work)