RCS Corporation has an immediate need for an Entry-Level or Senior-Level Drafter located in Chicago, IL, Cincinnati, OH or Indianapolis, IN. This is a full-time direct hire opportunity. Our client is seeking outgoing, self-motivated individuals looking for a company where they can continue to grow their skill set!
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals throughout the United States. With two corporate offices, over 20 years of experience, and a presence in 30+ states, we are well-positioned to service employers, employees, and candidates across every discipline. Our emphasis is on excellent work ethic, accountability, transparency, effective communication and safety.
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 800 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management and Industrial Solutions.
The Senior Drafter should have a more intermediate knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D. The Senior Drafter should take ownership of the drawing set from a formatting and CAD standards perspective. The Senior Drafter should have the ability to work collaboratively with Coordinators, Engineers and Designers to deliver high quality drawing package with minimum supervision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up sheets, title blocks, notes and details as an overall part of a drawing package.
- Create existing conditions drawings from as-built, GIS, aerial imagery, field notes, and survey data.
- Add annotation and dimensions to plot plans, details, and schematics.
- Understand basic civil engineering concepts of grading, environmental and existing utility layout.
- Layout alignment sheets of pipeline route for conformance with specifications and client requirements.
- Develop high quality accurate plan and profile sheets in a timely manner.
- Know horizontal directional drilling constraints and factors to be considered when drafting.
- Create exhibits for client communication and permitting
- Modify drawings as directed by Coordinator, Engineer or Designer.
- Review and incorporate client CAD standards into drawing package.
- Assemble, maintain, and communicate base file structure within a project.
- Work independently on assigned projects and/or lead program type projects.
- Check tolerances, dimensions, and feasibility of designs and work with team to resolve problems.
- 3-5 years of intermediate CAD and Civil3D related experience or industry experience preferred
- Solid CADWorx experience
- Associate degree or completion of related technical school courses or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to understand instructions and independently carry out assigned tasks
- Must be comfortable reading and interpreting technical documentation
- Detail and quality oriented
- Strong communication and customer skills
- Must be able to travel to project locations with engineers to collect data and make sketches if required
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Opportunities with RCS change daily. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.rcs.jobs. RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.