RCS has an immediate need for a Drafter in the Virginia Beach or Richmond, Virginia market. This is a full-time, long-term contract opportunity. RCS offers a competitive package including benefits, vacation and holidays. Our client is seeking an outgoing, self-motivated individual looking for a company where they can continue to grow their skillset!
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Why We Need You
This position is responsible for developing engineered pipeline construction plans in a CAD platform; receiving roughly designed concepts from engineers and transforming them into working documents. Applications are predominantly related to the electrical engineering fields. This position is responsible for understanding and completing drawings in accordance with client specifications.
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 800 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management and Industrial Solutions.
- Constructing dimensional relationships of one part to another and a relationship of various parts to entire project, utilizing knowledge of engineering practices and mathematics.
- Creating a preliminary and/or final sketch of proposed drawing, using computer-assisted design/drafting equipment.
- Modifying drawings as directed by engineer or design coordinator.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary.
- An Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS) in Design and Drafting Technology or CAD Certification.
- Gas/Utilities background is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- 0-2 years experience related/transferrable work experience.
- Strong work ethic with desire to work in a production environment.
- Authorization to work in the US without restriction.