RCS has an immediate need for an Electrical Designer in Phoenix, AZ. This is a full-time Direct-Hire opportunity!
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our Client is a collaborative design firm comprised of project managers, civil engineers, hydrologists, planners, landscape architects, and surveyors. Their diverse utility portfolio includes utility scale solar, substation design, and overhead/underground electrical design.
This position is responsible for performing complex detailed design of overhead and/or underground electric distribution systems. The designs will support residential (single-family and master planned) and small/mid-size commercial developments. This work may include but is not limited to; the preparation drawings, specifications, estimates, and site visits.
The ideal candidate is required to have the following:
- Bachelors of Science, Construction Management, Electrical Engineering, Technical College or related field and two (2) years of experience.
- 2+ years of electrical distribution design experience with a utility or consulting engineering firm
- Must possess capabilities in one or more of the following: Electrical Engineering, Distribution Engineering, Substation Design, GIS and Mapping, and or CADD (AutoCad)
- Perform design tasks assigned by Designers or Engineers
- Perform broad range of engineering calculations such as pull calculations and tension charts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to handle complex problem-solving skills
- Review engineering designs for constructability
- Conduct field visits as needed
- Experience managing several projects concurrently, adjusting to shifting priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with others.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.