Greensboro, North Carolina
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for an Embedded Software Application Engineer (Android) for our client in Greensboro, NC. This is a direct hire opportunity. Relo packages offered for renters and homeowners!
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Are you the kind of person who is passionate about Driver related electronic devices such as instrument clusters, body comfort systems, cameras, secondary information displays, also connectivity solutions, android systems, apps and what can happen when you merge technologies from different areas? Would you like to use your passion in the automotive industry and be part of the digital transformation leap? Would you like to work in a great team with competent and helpful colleagues?
At Driver Electronics and Vehicle connectivity (DEVC) we are in the heart of this transformation, and we work with implementing HMI for Instrument clusters and entertainment systems and also end-to-end functions like passive entry passive start, Entertain truck operator, Driver Coaching, I-See, Remote SW Download, Geofencing and much more. The development in the area of driver electronics and vehicle connectivity is fast, furious and fun!
We are now looking for Embedded systems application engineer, knowledgeable in infotainment systems and android platform, that can be a part of driving and developing our next generation of onboard infotainment and connected services.
-Secure the development and maintenance of the north America and Australia needs for our in-house developed infotainment software and android apps.
-Prototype HMI concepts and secure that they can be implemented within the Android and AAOS (Android automotive operating system).
-Be the local expert in android solutions and develop proof of concept and feasibility analysis for possible new services.
-Guide the validation team on regards of test content and methodology.
- In this role you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation.
- It is important that you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge your organization.
- You also have a true can do attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team & products, understanding how these contribute to our vision, strategy & roadmap.
- We believe this is a position for a person that has the ability to work under demanding conditions and to create a successful working climate in these situations.
- As a person, you have a broad technical know-how combined with very good people skills and a strong belief in agile methods.
- You have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
- Secure that the software solutions are developed in line with applicable technology strategies according to processes, methods and tools
- Secure that the local demands for NA and Australia will be contemplated by the Service and Entertainment platform
- Secure that the Android applications are correctly documented and can be deployed.
- Prototype concepts and anchor solutions for infotainment and connected services with the main stakeholders
- Participate and contribute in retrospective meetings, sprint reviews, etc.
- Coach the team members regarding android and AAOS platform matters
- Regular communication to the department and stakeholders on architecture, strategies & roadmaps for infotainment and android OS evolution
- Support in developing processes, methods, tools and standards related to android SW development.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Electronics engineering, Master is preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience from SW development in automotive or infotainment systems industry.
- Knowledge on the area of infotainment and connected services
- Experience of agile methods, such as SCRUM and KANBAN
- Knowledge in the Android platform and the fundamentals of Android application development and the paradigms around it
- Knowledge of CAN, UDS and protocols
- Have an open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset
- Have good communication skills
- Be business and customer oriented
- Have the ability to work and lead cross functional teams
- Have excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
- Leadership competencies: Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Instills Trust, Demonstrates Self Awareness, Action Oriented