RCS Corporation has an immediate need for an Engineering Coordinator for our client in the Bellevue, WA area. This is a Contract Opportunity anticipated to last through the end of the year, with potential to be extended into 2023.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
The Engineering Coordinator is a position focused on the management of engineering design activities, coordination of interfaces between project teams, and facilitation of engineering work planning and team staffing. Specifically for the scope of this role, this includes responsibility to interface with multiple engineering teams on a daily/weekly basis to project/coordinate required activities, develop detailed schedules for technical work execution, and support individual teams in forecasting a variety of needs to successfully meet project milestones. The successful candidate will coordinate with engineers working on plant level functions, systems, components, and/or engineering analyses to establish a comprehensive coverage of coordination functions imbedded with the engineering teams.
- Manage modifications to the high level engineering schedule through interfaces to project controls organization on behalf of engineering. Initiate and facilitate change process approvals for new and emerging engineering activities consistent with project scheduling standards.
- Align and manage breakdown of the high level engineering tasks into discretized activity schedules (subtask breakdown) for a multitude of design teams.
- Verify and track team assignments within schedule, manage engineering resource levelization over time and generate resource forecasting on a bi-monthly basis. Communicate and coordinate buy-in from relevant stakeholders and track requests to resource managers.
- Develop, refine, and manage the standard design activity sequences in preparation for schedule development of future design phases and procurement activities. Generating detailed versions for specific activity sequences such as procurements or integrated analyses.
- Manage detailed schedule logic tie interfaces for activities within a design team, as well as the external logic links to other design team areas. Create and track milestones alignment to task activities.
- Gather status reporting from design teams and manage updates to project reporting venues. Provide periodic status updates to key engineering leaders and identify pinch points in resource allocations and/or sequence timing.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. or higher in a relevant Engineering discipline from an accredited university and 4+ years direct experience with proven nuclear systems design skills.
- PMP certification strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in conduct or project management of engineering activities in the nuclear field, including systems engineering and/or nuclear design process.
- Strong understanding of technical schedule management, including project reporting, schedule development, logic sequences and fragnets, and resource forecasting.
- Experience with Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, or equivalent project management tool
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Confluence and JIRA a plus.
- Knowledge of NRC 10CFR50 licensing process desired but not required.
- Excellent communication and complexity management/organization skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a cross-functional effort with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between priorities.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.