RCS Corporation has an immediate need for Water Field Inspector in Lakewood, CO. This is a contract assignment for 12 months from January to December 2023 with the possibility to become full time.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
The Field Inspector will be observing progress of water service line replacement work by construction contractors as part of a large-scale lead service line replacement program in Denver, Colorado.
- Daily field observation services:
- Maintain daily report of site activities and events
- Report on problems encountered in the performance of the work.
- Engage/follow up with customers in obtaining Consent Form approval.
- Conduct reconnaissance meeting with customers and Contractor.
- Prepare site reports using the tablet to ensure necessary photographs are taken and uploaded for record
- Conduct regular checks on contractors adherence to Contract Documents and permit requirements.
- Document differences between Contract Documents and actual work in place
- Review of equipment, materials, and workmanship for compliance to Contract Documents and approved shop drawings and submittals.
- Provide any feedback received from any residents or passersby.
- Understand and adhere to all safety guidelines – report any incidents as required, be proactive in prevention of safety and security incidents.
- Monitor performance of contractor crews
- Work with Construction Management team to resolve issues that arise
- Coordinate with Supervisor in reviewing requests for change orders from the contractor
- Have knowledge of requirements of Denver Water and regulatory agencies (such as: City of Denver – Public Works, ROW Services, Development Services, and Forestry Division; State of Colorado Requirements; CDPHE Water Quality; and Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies)
- Maintain a strong team relationship and demonstrating a professional presence with all parties
- Produce high-quality work that meets the requirements of company policies, procedures, industry standards, and client expectations
- 2-year associate degree or 2 years related inspection experience and training,
- Have organizational, administrative, communicative (English) and interpersonal skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Be proficient with record keeping, daily reporting, and logging of testing results, weather conditions, etc.
- Possess manual dexterity with the physical ability to work in situations which require bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, and lifting/carrying items up to twenty-five (25) pounds as well as work in adverse weather and extreme temperature conditions.
- Be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Protective eyewear, gloves,) and other safety equipment required by the job or company guidelines and procedures.
- Plumbing experience and/or International Code Council (ICC) certification
- Spanish speaking
- Experience with Denver Water and/or applicable regulatory agencies
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.