RCS has an immediate need for a Financial Accountant who will have oversight over the day-to-day accounting operations, the monthly close process, financial statement preparation, analyses, audits, etc.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our Client is on of the Top 100 fastest growing professional services firm in the fields of oil, gas, and utilities. As a multidisciplinary organization with a nationally experienced execution team, they specialize in heavy Civil Engineering projects encompassing utilities transmission and distribution, pipeline integrity management, construction management and 3rd party inspection, project and program management, document and project control, and field quality control services.
- Responsible for all bookkeeping and accounting procedures to include recording revenue, expenses/payables, conducting analysis and performing audits.
- Interprets payroll reports from providers and posts into Deltek software.
- Posts payroll labor burden accurately to projects including Workman’s Compensation and Payroll Taxes.
- Provides information for insurance and Workman Compensation audits for multiple workman compensation companies.
- Create and produce financial reports, project profitability reports, cash flow analysis and subsidiary journal reports.
- Maintain and orderly accounting filing system.
- Leads process improvement efforts, demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset by proactively identifying, recommending, and helping implement solutions.
- Develops and prepares monthly financial packet which includes the financial statements and KPI.
- Capable in data interpretation and accuracy.
- Assists with the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Review consolidated balance sheet, P&L and cash flow, operational reports, and input on actual vs. budget income statements.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Proficient and experienced in all bookkeeping tasks, able to Implement and maintain the general ledger, chart of accounts, and all accounting processes.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Prepares various management reports. Analyzes financial performance, trends across departments, and makes recommendations to management.
- Maintains relationships with financial institutions.
- Plans, organizes, and oversees annual audit.
- Actively leads, motivates, develops, and provides support to team members to meet and exceed established goals and timelines. Provides thorough and timely performance evaluations.
- Develops strong working relationships across the organization to better understand business needs and to provide accounting support.
- Assists with special projects, as needed.
- Experienced full charge bookkeeper.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial controls, reporting and accounting functions for a mid to large company.
- Familiar and proficient with Deltek software.
- Strong Leadership, management, planning, and organizational skills are a must.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work effectively with minimal supervision is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Intermediate level, or higher Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent time management skills demonstrating the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; may require extended hours during close weeks and during quarter-ends and yearend.