RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Financial Analysis Manager for our client in the Bellevue, WA area. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
This position is a bridge between the operational & financial functions of the organization and, as such, a successful candidate would be individuals who have demonstrated ownership and accountability for delivering results in a project-oriented environment or working as a business partner to operational functions to jointly drive financial success.
The Project Financial Analyst will work with the project management organization (PMO) and Finance on project related FP&A tasks. The individual will manage all project data and financial reporting with inputs from the project team. This role will be responsible for reporting accurate and timely data, provide data insights on project variance, and build cash forecast. He/she will Identify pertinent metrics or trends to help leaders make sound business decisions; communicate potential problems within the financial aspects of the project.
- Support Project Managers with project forecast preparation, accrual, analysis & reporting
- Support Finance with rolling forecast, cash flow planning, working capital management
- Joint responsibility with project managers for the financial success of the projects
- Participate in management discussions on project financials and partner with the PMs to drive financial success of projects (Achieve Financial KPIs).
- Create, maintain, and communicate the budget and variance request log weekly, monthly and annually (project related)
- Ensure accuracy of actuals and estimates to complete. Challenge the estimate to complete to maximize the Project economics/margin.
- Monitor and publish open commit reports, confirm budget availability for purchase requisitions.
- Partner with the PMs to provide timely financial analysis for monthly and quarterly reporting, and at various project gate reviews to drive accountability
- Monitor and collect data form project team to determine project progression according to financial budget
- Drive to get better data and dig deeper into data analysis and communicate findings with project leaders
- Assist in the preparation of project budgets, participate in budget continuation application process including drafting/reviewing the detail budget justification (DBJ) and narratives, forecasts, audits
- Monitors compliance with external customer contract terms as well as internal company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Ensure indirect rates are applied to the correct cost categories and revenue/recovery are correctly computed both on a cost and cash basis
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and government rules and regulations, performs accounting research, understand capital vs. expense capitalization
- Support month-end financial closing process including monthly project accruals from internal (labor and non-labor) and external partners
- Verify accounts payable activities including coding and reconcile discrepancies; Verify cost codes to support proper cost tracking, i.e. ensure proper project capex classification; Review and analyze all balance sheet items linked to projects.
- Tracking of budget vs actual at the project level
- Create and maintain reports, financial dashboards for internal and external stakeholders on a required frequency including but not limited to financial budget vs. actual labor & materials; Ensure accuracy and completion of project forecast
- Challenge execution teams to mitigate/minimize potential deviations from financial budget via risk identification and quantification activities
- Support Contract’s team review and support PMO performance monitoring to driving favorable financial results through Change Order management activities
- Support ad hoc analysis & other duties as assigned to improve the performance of financial project controlling function
- Participate in projects related to the financial area, such as reporting, system implementations, new ERP projects etc.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- 7+ years’ experience in either a project-oriented business or manufacturing plant
- Demonstrated ability to deliver success while working with an operational business partner
- Experience working in organizations with government grants and/or government contracts
- Experience working in industrial, aerospace, manufacturing, construction industries preferred
- Personality to build relationships while comfortable challenging and pro-actively driving change
- Inquisitive nature with exceptional analytical, critical thinking, professional skepticism, and communication skills.
- Desire to understand the project, propose solutions and not just the numbers
- Experience working with enterprise applications (NetSuite, Deltek CostPoint, Concur, Microsoft Dynamics AX)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and able to quickly adapt to other Finance and Accounting systems
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; high degree of accuracy
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working with operations team/non-accounting professionals, deal with complex accounting/project codes/org codes.
- Analytical/problem solving – ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities
- Must be team oriented, willing to operate within a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 30 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%