RCS Corporation has an immediate need for an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer in Newport, MI to support the Fermi Nuclear Power Plant. This an office position onsite. This is a full-time, contract position. Initial Per Diem is offered. RCS offers a competitive package including benefits and holidays.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our client is an Engineering Firm with a dedicated team of engineers, builders, planners and thinkers that build today's infrastructure for tomorrow. They come to work every day committed to drive growth and deliver projects that matter for our clients, ourselves, and our communities. Through their work in the nuclear, conventional generation, renewable and power delivery markets, they create resilient infrastructure to last generations.
Our Client is looking for a Instrumentation and Controls Engineer. Candidate will be working as part of a multi-discipline team of Engineers and Designers at the DTE Fermi Nuclear Power Plant working on the modification of packages including digital upgrades. Candidate will have to complete complex engineering assignments including preparation of packages that include preparation of specifications and data sheets, calculations, and modifications to existing plant drawings. Prepare purchase requisitions, and review vendor drawings. Work will include plant walk downs to review existing installations and verify that the design was installed correctly by the implementation team.
- U.S. Citizenship with ability to pass background checks necessary to obtain unescorted access to a Nuclear power plant.
- B.S. from a 4-year university with course work in Controls Systems or Nuclear Technology.
- 4 years experience relating to design of control systems for power plants or heavy industrial facilities.
- 2 years of experience relating to design or operation of commercial Nuclear Power Plants.
- Experience evaluating and specifying pressure, temperature, flow, and level process instrumentation.
- Preparation of specifications, calculations, and drawings for plant control systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to obtain unescorted access to a Nuclear Power Plant.
- M.S. in Electrical or Controls Engineering.
- Familiarity with the Nuclear standard Design Process, and experience preparing engineering drawings including but not limited to wiring diagrams and schematics, P&IDs, logic diagrams, instrument hookups, and more for plant modification packages.
- Field experience at an operating Nuclear Plant.
- Experience with Digital Upgrades at operating Nuclear Plant.
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam and working towards obtaining a Professional Engineering license.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality