RCS Corporation has an immediate need for an IT Applications Administrator for our client in the Bellevue, WA area. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
The IT team is responsible for the design, implementation, and management of all enterprise systems from data center infrastructure to applications. The team is seeking an IT Application Administrator to support systems used throughout the enterprise hosted at our data center, in our Azure tenant or as SaaS services. Ideal candidates should have experience implementing and maintaining a variety of applications. They should be comfortable working both independently and with other IT team members, across departments, and with outside partners. Attention to detail is critical. Candidates should have experience supporting users and applications in an enterprise environment.
- Plan the deployment and configuration of enterprise applications
- Perform regular maintenance tasks including application patching, app/plugin updates, and configuration changes
- Identify opportunities and drive the implementation of automation to improve manageability and reliability
- Author functional and technical documentation
- Own, triage, investigate, and resolve service issues with our enterprise applications
- Communicate on a technical level with software engineers, project managers, and operations teams to improve and optimize infrastructure and services
- Remain current on new technologies, methods, and procedures
- Contribute to application support as a tier 3 escalation resource
- Demonstrate end-to-end expertise and technical ownership in several of the following areas:
- Cloud technologies – Azure PaaS
- Data center technologies – Windows Server, VMware
- Infrastructure Automation for Windows Server/Linux
- Disaster Recovery
- Follow best practices for application changes and access
Key Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience managing enterprise applications including implementation and upgrades, with an AA degree; BS degree preferred
- Two (2) plus years of experience creating and maintaining IT scripting (PowerShell, Python, Bash or similar languages) for the purposes of supporting deployments, orchestration, or automation (preferred)
- Experience managing business critical applications
- Experience with both on-premises and cloud-based systems
- Experience defining alerts from application monitoring tools
- Experience with applications running in a primarily Windows Server environment
- Experience with SQL and backend application databases
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to build productive working relationships with others
- Experience with Confluence and Jira preferred
- Experience with GitHub and Jenkins preferred
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 30 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%