RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Lead Electrical Engineer in Newport, MI to support the Fermi Nuclear Power Plant. This an office position onsite. This is a full-time, contract position with potential to roll direct. Initial Per Diem is offered plus mobilization. RCS offers a competitive package including benefits and holidays.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our client is an Engineering Firm with a dedicated team of engineers, builders, planners and thinkers that build today's infrastructure for tomorrow. They come to work every day committed to drive growth and deliver projects that matter for our clients, ourselves, and our communities. Through their work in the nuclear, conventional generation, renewable and power delivery markets, they create resilient infrastructure to last generations.
Our Client is looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer. Candidate will be working as part of a multi-discipline team of Engineers and Designers at the DTE Fermi Nuclear Power Plant preparing modification packages that will include specifications, data sheets, calculations, and modifications to existing plant drawings. Candidate will provide technical oversight for the electrical discipline and will also prepare estimates, budgets, schedules and scope of work documents. Candidate will be working closely with the Plant Owners, operators and design engineering teams.
- Preparation of new drawings as well as modifications to existing plant drawings. Candidate shall be capable of revising these documents with minimum direction and preparing/revising electronic drawing files using Microstation CADD software.
- Plant walk-downs to review existing installations, layout new/revised equipment and raceways, and to verify that the design was installed correctly by the implementation team.
- Take the lead on assigned tasks and provide direction to others for completion of design and drawing updates.
- U.S. Citizenship with ability to pass background checks necessary to obtain unescorted access to a Nuclear power plant.
- 8 years overall experience in design of electrical and control systems for power plants or heavy industrial facilities
- 4 years of experience relating to design or operation of commercial Nuclear Power Plants
- 3 years of supervisory experience leading a group of engineers/designers on large projects
- Design of complex plant electrical distribution systems. Experience to include the following:
o Preparation of specifications and sizing calculations for electrical distribution equipment
o Familiarity with protection and control schemes for medium and low voltage AC auxiliary systems
o Familiarity with industrial DC and UPS systems
o Review of engineering drawings including but not limited to single line, schematic and wiring diagrams, and physical location drawings
o Experience with preparation of Auxiliary System Studies including short circuit, load flow, coordination and arc flash studies using ETAP or equivalent software
- Supervisory experience to include preparation and monitoring of budgets and schedules and providing technical oversight for direct reports
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to obtain unescorted access to a Nuclear Power Plant
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Management
- Field experience at an operating nuclear plant
- Experience preparing Engineering Design Packages for Nuclear Power plants including familiarity with Nuclear Standard Design Process (IP-ENG-01)
- Familiarity with process instrumentation and control systems
- Professional Engineering License in any State in the U.S. with the ability to get licensed in Michigan by comity
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality