Los Angeles, California
RCS has an immediate need for a Project Controls Analyst I, for natural gas and electric utility projects in/near Los Angeles, CA. This is a direct hire position.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our Client is on of the Top 100 fastest growing professional services firm in the fields of oil, gas, and utilities. As a multidisciplinary organization with a nationally experienced execution team, they specialize in heavy Civil Engineering projects encompassing utilities transmission and distribution, pipeline integrity management, construction management and 3rd party inspection, project and program management, document and project control, and field quality control services.
The Project Control Analyst position provides support to Project Managers on various Utility projects with collaboration and guidance of the Project Manager/PCA Supervisor. If assigned, may perform functions in the Project Support Function; the Central Data Management Function; and/or the Central Financial Analysis Functions.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required
- 1-3 years of experience in cost accounting and/or scheduling
- Experienced in using SAP with Primavera P6 knowledge as desired
- Experience managing construction projects within SAP Work Management
- Clear understanding of how to set up Controlling Orders, Planning Orders, and WBS
- Superior ability to interface with and across supporting organizations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Responsible for project tracking, analysis and communication of project cost, scope and schedule.
- In coordination with Project Manager develop project budget and cash flow/forecast plans with functional department input.
- Create, maintain and update financial forecast.
- Document, monitor and communicate project milestones and risks with appropriate stakeholders.
- Attend project status meetings, collect progress data and revise project plan as needed.
- Track commitment on detailed work plans including schedule, cost, resource, contingency and communication plans
- Use the cost and schedule plan to determine if project objectives are achievable.
- Prepare various scheduling reports and maintain forecast accuracy. Prepare project performance analysis, cost, and schedule status reports. Identify cost and schedule variances from objectives and recommend corrective action.
- Assess project risk and formulate contingency plans to mitigate the risks.
- Effectively complete multiple projects concurrently and provide guidance to engineering on producing complex risk and alternative analyses, studies and conceptual designs for presentation to project sponsor.