RCS has an immediate need for a Project Coordinator in Brentwood, CA. This is a full-time, contract-to-direct hire assignment, with anticipated duration of 6 months and direct employment offered thereafter. Local candidates are required as there is no relocation or per diem available for this assignment.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our client is a utility specialty contractor with over 20 years of experience working with the nation's largest utility providers, private contractors and developers, municipalities and cooperatives. They specialize in providing turnkey solutions for project of all sizes, and do so with dedication to completing the job on-time while providing the industry’s most innovative safety standards and are driven by a corporate culture of Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus and Employee Empowerment.
The primary responsibility for this position is to support project planning, construction, and close-out activities as required by project or contract specifications. This position may also assist with the development of project plans and schedules to execute scope safety, efficiently, and cost effectively. May also help monitor project performance (cost, schedule, scope changes, safety, and quality).
- Set-up project folders/work packets.
- Maintain project files throughout the course of the project (from planning through close-out).
- Entry of estimates and production review in multiple software systems.
- Printing job logs and timesheets as necessary.
- New job activation including requisition and release process in INTREN job software.
- May coordinate with A/R to ensure proper billing & payment.
- Prepare and generate routine reports and correspondence; some involvement in preparing more complex reports.
- Review field reports; provide summary reports to Assistant, Project or Senior Project Manager as required.
- Assist with preparation of proposals.
- Call and / or enter locates.
- Create and maintain project submittal log.
- Follow-up with vendors to obtain submittals and current equipment delivery information.
- Data entry of project information into multiple systems as required.
- Submit / Track / Follow-up on permit status as required.
- Track / Scan / Submit As-Builts to customer.
- Attend customer scheduling / job coordination conference calls as required.
- Assist the PM in monitoring the work on a regular basis to assure good quality control – conformance with contract documents (plans and specs).
- Review and track vendor invoices for accuracy and compliance with the contract terms and provide recommendation to PM.
- Job Close-out as required.
- May assist with researching new business leads.
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant, Project or Senior Project Manager.
- High School diploma, Associate’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of advanced functions of Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, Power Point, and Internet Explorer.
- Must have excellent communication skills and writing skills.
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate information that is technical in nature.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills with great ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Well organized, team player, professional and energetic.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.