RCS Corporation is currently seeking a full time Project Engineer for electric utility projects. This position would provide specialized engineering support for Southern California Edison's (SCE) Caltrans ROW Design Standard Decision Document (DSDD) program.
The Project Engineer (PE) will be a registered CA licensed Civil Engineer with extensive experience performing collision analysis, traffic work-stream safety guidance, developing Caltrans Design Standard Decision Documents (DSDDs) and interfacing with Caltrans Districts (preferably Districts 5, 6, 7,8, 9 and 12).
The PE would support programs/projects containing backlogged pole replacements/installations that are currently on hold. Furthermore, the PE will provide engineering technical leadership in the aforementioned areas to expedite ramping up engineering support for critical high risk and core Transmission and Distribution pole replacement and new pole installation work within Caltrans ROW.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our Client is on of the Top 100 fastest growing professional services firm in the fields of oil, gas, and utilities. As a multidisciplinary organization with a nationally experienced execution team, they specialize in heavy Civil Engineering projects encompassing utilities transmission and distribution, pipeline integrity management, construction management and 3rd party inspection, project and program management, document and project control, and field quality control services.
- Oversight and QA of DSDD document development for utility pole work contracted out to Engineering consultants
- Engineer of Record for DSDD document development for work that may be performed in-house
- Subject Matter Expert for Caltrans DSDDs, traffic safety mitigation for collisions with discretionary fixed objects and DSDD exemptions
- Interface and education of T&D Planners and other SCE requestors on DSDD requirements and obtaining necessary information from SCE stakeholders to develop the DSDD
- Contributing to the development of internal processes for work requiring DSDDs with other T&D stakeholders (i.e., Transmission Design Management, Distribution Tech Planning, Distribution New Development, Distribution Local Planning, and other T&D Project Management and encroachment permit support groups)
- Interfacing with (6) Caltrans Districts (D5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 12) to support DSDD reviews and approvals
- Support to SCE Regulatory Affairs in providing feedback to Caltrans Headquarters and Districts in refining this new DSDD processes with the shared goal of streamlining utility DSDD approvals in the future
- Interface and provide engineering technical leadership and training to other engineers within the T&S Civil Engineering group that may also be assigned to support this work on a part time basis
- Position is remote; however, candidate is requested to live within commute area (Pomona, CA) as weekly site visits may be necessary.
- 7+ years of experience in project management, engineering and/or construction
- Must be proficient with Caltrans's Design Standard Decision Document (DSDD) process/project(s)
- Licensed Civil Engineer (CA)
- Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends, and/or overtime (scheduled or ad hoc)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college (Construction Management, Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electric, Chemical, other)
- Experience using SAP (Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing)
- Experience using Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
- Utility Construction Management experience
- Superior ability to interface with and across supporting organizations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Utility construction material coordination
Working Conditions and Environmental/Physical Demands
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Ability to travel if required, including overnight travel and the ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas.