RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Project Manager in Groton, CT. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate themselves. This is a direct hire assignment. Our client is seeking hard-working and innovative team members.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our Client designs, manufactures and provides custom radiometric instrumentation systems. They specialize in Uranium and Plutonium Characterization; Very Low-Level Waste through to High Level Waste and TRU Waste Characterization. They utilize Total and Passive/Active Neutron Coincidence Counting techniques in addition to High and Low Resolution Gamma Spectroscopy techniques to fully characterize a wide variety of nuclear materials
This position is responsible for managing multiple large projects concurrently; direct supervisory responsibilities for other staff members that may include other Project Managers, or senior technical leads, and contracted technical support in the design/build of facilities and mechanical systems for large and complex projects.
- Managing all projects that are assigned by the VP-General Manager and Management team to ensure the projects meet all required project measurements and indicators for performance which have been set by either the client or internally. These performance indicators include, but are not limited to, schedule performance, project budget performance, project profitability, client relationship and satisfaction, and project quality control.
- Maintaining, implementing and monitoring a system of quality control and check on all projects assigned.
- Assisting with identifying the resource needs by tracking resource requirements of all projects assigned on an ongoing basis and communicating the resource needs to the Senior Management Team.
- Preparing or assisting in preparing proposals and cost estimates.
- Participating in sales calls and client presentations.
- Developing and maintaining quality relationships with clients.
- Maintaining a collaborative spirit in working with other internal and external project team members to resolve problems and develop workable solutions to technical challenges.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary.
- Bachelors degree in engineering from an accredited university or equivalent technical degree
- Minimum of 12 -15 years of engineering experience in the nuclear industry and industrial facilities/process design and construction.
- Minimum of 3- 5 years of work experience as a Project Manager, managing projects, as well as mentoring younger engineers.
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to details
- Proven experience with developing and winning bids for work
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients and staff members
- Strong project management skills
- Strong industry contacts and knowledge of the industry
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
- ISO Project Management Training
- Must be authorized to work in the US without restriction
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, as required
- This position may require field work the ability to travel on a periodic basis
- PMP certification preferred
- Registration as a professional engineer (Mechanical/Civil, or Electrical) is preferred.
- Prior experience working on governmental funded project within DOE/DOD
- CAD / 3D modeling experience
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.