RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Project Manager in Denver, CO to manage our client's natural gas projects. This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive package including medical benefits, vacation and holidays.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 800 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management and Industrial Solutions.
This position is responsible for managing multiple large projects concurrently; direct supervisory responsibilities for other staff members that may include other Project Managers or senior technical leads for specific project responsibilities of large and complex projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing all projects that are assigned by the Senior Project Manager, Director, Senior Director, VP or BUL to ensure the projects meet all required project measurements and indicators for performance which have been set by either the client or internally. These performance indicators include, but are not limited to, schedule performance, project budget performance, project profitability, client relationship and satisfaction, and project quality control.
- Maintaining, implementing, and monitoring a system of quality control and check on all projects assigned
- Maintaining a system to accurately forecast fee revenue on an ongoing monthly basis
- Monitoring the training needs of individual staff members who are direct reports and identifying and scheduling training programs with the VP or BUL
- Assisting in developing strategic plans for the Business Unit and assisting with developing and implementing programs to achieve strategic growth plans for the Business Unit and Firm
- Assisting with identifying the resource needs of the Business Unit by tracking resource requirements of all projects assigned on an ongoing basis and communicating the resource needs to the Senior Project Manager, Director, Senior Director, VP or BUL
- Assisting the Senior Project Manager, Director, Senior Director, VP or BUL in identifying key talent and resources within or for the Business Unit
- Preparing or assisting in preparing proposals
- Participating in sales calls and client presentations
- Developing and maintaining quality relationships with clients
- Maintaining a collaborative spirit in working with other Business Units providing the most optimum project team for projects often using personnel from multiple Business Units
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university or equivalent technical degree
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years of work experience. Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the Natural Gas (Pipeline or Facilities) or Electric industry. At least 7 years of the work experience must be at a Natural Gas/Liquids or Electric operating company or at an engineering consulting firm
- Minimum of 1.5-2 years of work experience in managing engineering projects in the pipeline industry as a senior project engineer or equivalent
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients and staff members
- Strong project management skills
- Strong industry contacts and knowledge of the industry
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
- ISO Project Management Training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Working Conditions and Environmental / Physical Demands
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Ability to travel if required, including overnight travel and the ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas.