RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Project Scheduler to support our client's projects. This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive package including medical benefits, vacation and holidays.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 800 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management and Industrial Solutions.
Our client is seeking an experienced project scheduler to partner with project stakeholders on the development, design, and maintenance of project schedules for a diverse portfolio of construction/engineering projects.
• Develop & maintain project schedules in Primavera (P6) while providing leadership & support in the areas of project controls, forecasting, cost control, and project management.
• Conduct resource & cost loading
• Partner with project management groups on updating P6 Schedules so they align with evolving project scope, schedule, and budgets.
• Reviewing change orders provided by stakeholders and update P6 schedules and manage the effect of the change.
• Lead scheduling meetings with stakeholders and update project management groups on any schedule constraints or changes.
• Analyze project finance trends and provide recommendations, guidance, and support to the Project Managers
• Prepare and monitor cost plans and ensure project forecasts are updated
• Manage the flow of project data through various software, database and record keeping systems
• Maintain project information (time and expenses) in project management software.
• Provide cost control and schedule support to the PM and Management teams which include, but is not limited to: critical analysis, forecasting revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates, utilization, cost reporting, PO and Change Order tracking, invoice tracking budget comparison, forecasting percentage of complete, earned value.
• Analyze financial information and recognize significant variance, trends, and irregularities, understand the cause/driver and communicate timely to PM.
• Process data form various systems including to the visualization of data into graphs and charts.
• Travel to project sites as needed.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree – Required
• Min 1-3+ years’ experience driving project schedules & controls process within the construction, utilities, refinery, engineering (civil, mechanical, electrical), or related space – Required
• Primavera P6 – Required
• MS Office (Emphasis on Excel) – Required
• Proven success in partnering with a diverse pool of stakeholders to help drive projects to completion (on time & on budget).
• Experience with resource & coast loading.
• Experience with project controls.
• Proven experience taking ownership of assigned deliverables and successfully achieving results beyond expectations.
• Ability to work collaboratively with project and program stakeholders and articulate key points to drive discussions and facilitate consensus.
As part of the application process the candidate will be required to:
Provide authorization to conduct a general background, credit, criminal record, and reference check, and successfully pass these checks.
Take and pass a drug test.
Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the US for a period exceeding 180 days
Candidate must possess, or be able to obtain within 30 days of employment, a valid driver’s license issued by any state in the US.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.