RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Senior Contract Administrator for our client in the Bellevue, WA area. This is a 1-year Contract Opportunity with the possibility of extension.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
The Senior Contract Administrator reports directly to the Procurement Manager to perform duties including sourcing, evaluating, price reasonableness, negotiating, subcontract administration, and closeouts. This position will also be responsible for supporting the development of new suppliers. This position contributes to enhancing the success of projects by limiting the overall risks and liability associated with supplier sourcing, pricing, evaluating, negotiating, performance and delivery of equipment, materials, completion of services and/or construction. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to excellence and flexibility with confidence, and an ability to interface with suppliers, consultants, management and colleagues in a professional, and proactive manner. The Senior Contract Administrator collaborates with the larger Supply Management, project teams and other support functions to coordinate the review of client contracts and provides negotiation support when required.
- Initiate and manage complex subcontracts from pre-award to post award with a focus on performance, change control, quality, cost and schedule.
- Prepare and manage activities such as Requests for Proposals (RFP), Request for Quotes (RFQ) and Express of Interests (EOI).
- Perform cost and price analyses
- Draft procurement summaries/basis for awards.
- Review Statements of Works to ensure the requested work to be performed is clearly written for potential suppliers and there’s no ambiguity.
- Establishing and maintaining internal/external customer and supplier relationships.
- Perform market research to identify potential sources for competitive bidding.
- Negotiate pricing and other terms and conditions with potential suppliers.
- Issue subcontracts or other forms of agreements to suppliers.
- Monitor and expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery.
- Verify receipt of items or completion of services and resolve shipment errors with suppliers.
- Approve payment for goods and services by reviewing invoices, subcontracts, and working with project teams to ensure all deliverables and goods and services have been performed and received.
- Maintain complete and accurate procurement files and records.
- Performs subcontract closeouts in a timely manner.
- Other procurement and/or contracting duties may be assigned.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Experience executing subcontracts in accordance with FAR and/or 2 CFR 220 Procurement Standards is required.
- Experience handling export-controlled information is required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Purchasing, Procurement, Subcontract/Contract Management is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Supply Chain, or related degree program.
- Ability to perform job duties with little to no supervision.
- Experience working in a fast-past environment and sizable workload
- Experience in temporary staffing and professional services agreement is highly preferred.
- Nuclear industry experience is preferred.
- Technical background is a plus.
- Experience implementing successful interface, contracting and/or procurement strategies.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.