RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Senior Electrical Designer in Minneapolis, MN. This is a Direct Hire position.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
- Perform duties as an electrical designer including sizing and layout of electrical equipment for medium and low voltage electrical systems under the direction of a professional engineer. Experience with lighting calculations, grounding, and other design programs a plus.
- Receive objectives and technical advice from supervisor or engineer/architect.
- Develop and electrical design drawings under the direction of a professional engineer.
- Accumulate and assemble information as needed to accurately convey design intent.
- Familiarize self with engineering, construction, or drafting terms and symbols.
- Check for inconsistencies between drawings.
- Has a solid understanding of design and drafting techniques, and familiarity with engineering terminology.
- Gather information and data for projects from catalogs and other reference material.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Required skills, education, and experience
- 10-15 years of experience.
- Associate or technical school degree, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficient in some combination of Revit, Civil 3D, AutoCad, or Bentley MicroStation, OpenPlant, OpenBuildings. Industrial, institutional experience (or some combination) preferred.
- Knowledgeable with lighting and other electrical analysis programs a plus.
- Previous electrical design and graphics experience required. Experience in related mechanical, structural and civil systems a plus.