Fort collins, Colorado
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Senior Electrical Engineer in Fort Collins, CO to support our client’s projects. This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive package including medical benefits, vacation and holidays.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 800 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management and Industrial Solutions.
We are looking for an individual with electrical infrastructure experience along with the drive and ambition to grow themselves within our client’s new ventures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional client services with effective and enthusiastic marketing for our Electrical Infrastructure design related services.
- Assist with growth of these services.
- Provide planning, analytic and design services to clients in the heavy industrial, municipal, commercial and institutional market sectors.
- Work directly with clients to provide various engineering services and manage client relationships
- Develop project proposals to include work scope, engineering cost estimates and probable construction costs.
- Manage, execute, coordinate and close out electric power design projects within budget.
- Perform power system studies to include arc flash hazard evaluations, short-circuit studies, protective device coordination, and load-flow analysis.
- Develop standard technical specifications and basic engineering design drawings.
- Review electrical drawings including single line diagrams, 3-line diagrams, wiring/connection diagrams, control schematics, grounding, lighting, and raceway layouts.
- Support construction projects as required with on-site technical support including at client’s office, construction job site, and equipment manufacturer locations, as needed.
- Assist in plant start-ups and commissioning activities.
- Work with site and construction personnel to develop and implement small capital projects to improve site electrical systems including providing electrical input for project proposal development.
- Help develop and grow others in the group.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited engineering school.
- Licensed Professional Engineer by examination.
- 10+ years of work experience related to electrical power systems design in industrial settings such as oil, energy, refineries, manufacturing, mining, as well as institutional and commercial settings.
- Knowledge of low voltage and medium voltage power distribution principles and related equipment.
- Experience in developing standard technical specifications and basic engineering design drawings and construction packages.
- Experience with electrical modeling software and analysis tools in developing models and using results to develop results and recommendations.
- Understanding of protective device coordination.
- Knowledge of hazardous area installation requirements.
- Knowledge of arc flash safety requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards including NEC and NFPA.
- Knowledge of equipment and facility grounding, lighting, and raceway layout principles and electrical single-line development.
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly technical staff, and manage multiple tasks and objectives.
- Motivated and enthusiastic; effective interpersonal skills; drive and ambition to set and reach challenging goals.
- Problem-solver with and proven client/customer service orientation.
- Self-starter with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective and demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.
- People-oriented team player.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed within the continental U.S. Approximately 15% travel.
- Legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship (proper identification required).
- Existing network from which business can be further developed.
- Experience in different industries; preferably oil and gas, water/wastewater and/or manufacturing.
- Practiced knowledge and use of SKM Power Tools, ETAP, EasyPower
Working Conditions and Environmental / Physical Demands
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Ability to travel if required, including overnight travel and the ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas.