RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Senior CAD Product Design Engineer to join our team in Salem, VA. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Are you a motivated Engineer with a passion for solving complex electrical engineering problems? Do you work best in a diverse, inclusive environment where collaboration is the key to success? Does being a part of creating and delivering a new product lineup excite you?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Our client is seeking a Senior CAD Product Design Engineer to join our team in Salem, VA.
As the Senior CAD Product Design Engineer, you will support CAD engineering for the the product line from initial design through production release and postproduction support. You will also be responsible for:
- Planning and executing of complete CAD engineering designs of medium duty trucks.
- Interfacing with other technical design areas to ensure cross-collaboration and efficiency.
- Developing designs that are feasible and economical to produce in the manufacturing facilities and processes available.
- Providing alternative design solutions, analyses, justifications.
- Facilitating selection of designs within CAD that achieve best possible trade-off of cost, timing, innovation, and performance.
- Assuming responsibility for the CAD Module after transition from design to volume production.
- Contributing to manufacturing performance and customer service by assisting in the solution production or quality problems associated with the CAD design.
- Assisting Product Engineers by ensuring that product designs meet customer requirements and analyzing production methods to ensure time and cost goals are reached.
- Mentoring others and leading engineering projects in your designated area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 5-8+ years of mechanical CAD engineering experience
- Knowledge of heavy equipment and automotive transportation industry preferred
- Proven expertise in CAD CATIA required; Professional training in a CATIA CAD systems preferred
- Demonstrated lean manufacturing experience
- Necessary technical/functional/language skills
- Familiarity working with surfaces for body panels and plastic parts
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier