RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Project Engineer in Detroit, MI and Chicago, IL to support Oil & Gas Utility Projects. This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive package including medical benefits, vacation and holidays. Our client is seeking outgoing, self-motivated individuals looking for a company where they can continue to grow their skill set!
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 800 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management and Industrial Solutions.
This position is responsible for independently performing detailed engineering design on a variety of engineering tasks; performing engineering tasks on multiple small to medium sized projects with a moderate to difficult level of technical difficulty; performing most assignments independently with instructions as to the general results expected; receiving technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects; supervising other engineers or drafters/designers on assigned work.
- Applying sound engineering knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project assignments with little to no supervision or assistance from other engineers and managers
- Developing contacts with key engineers and officials in other organizations to confirm that engineering practices applied are consistent with current engineering standards, regulatory requirements, and current technological innovations
- Providing input to Project Managers, Directors, Sr. Directors, Vice Presidents and the Business Unit Leader concerning potential process and design improvements related to engineering design and technology
- Following systems of quality control and checking on all projects assigned
- Assisting in preparing proposals for the business unit by estimating engineering hours as an engineering discipline lead
- Developing and maintaining quality relationships with clients
- Maintaining a collaborative spirit in working within the Business Unit and with other Business Units providing the most optimum project team for projects often using personnel from multiple Business Units
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
Education, Certifications and/or Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university (Engineer) or appropriate technical degree or related experience (Specialist)
- Registration as a professional engineer is preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years of work experience with at least 3 years of work experience in the Natural Gas or Utilities industry or a related industry. At least 3 years of the work experience must be at a Natural Gas, DOT, or Roadway experience.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients and staff members
- Developing industry contacts and knowledge of the industry
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Working Conditions and Environmental/Physical Demands
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Ability to travel if required, including overnight travel and the ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas.