Greenville, South Carolina
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Sr. Turbine and Generator Consulting Engineer to support our client’s projects. This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive package including medical benefits, vacation and holidays.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 800 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management and Industrial Solutions.
We are looking for a proficient and self-motivated engineering consultant for our team, with excellent time management skills and a track record of consistent and strong project execution demonstrating diverse technical knowledge and expertise. We need an engineer that works well with minimal to no management supervision, mentors less senior team members, and is a key point of contact for external clients.
- Project focal point and company resource for power plant consulting projects
- Demonstrated technical expertise in areas relevant engineering offerings that allows for project execution without additional technical coaching
- Interpret project objectives and develop actionable project plan to ensure schedule and hour targets are met or exceeded
- Responsible for overall project success whether project leader or part of a project team
- Determines and completes preparation needed for client meetings and leads discussions
- Reports project scope or schedule concerns to management, along with recommendations for mitigation
- Actively leverages prior project work to create internal design/project tools and marketable service opportunities to improve future project efficiency and business offerings
- Mentors and serves as subject matter expert in respective areas
- Maintain accurate records of completed project work and ensures it is uploaded in an organized fashion to appropriate internal file share location
- Ensure timely and complete follow up on revisions and/or additional client requests
- Assists management with business opportunities, conferences, and trainings
- Field project execution up to approximately 25% which may require short notice and off hours to address emergent client needs and energy market schedule
- A Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering or Material Science Engineering (or greater)
- Demonstrated related job experience (5-10+ years)
- Proficient in applicable engineering calculations, assessments, and analysis
- Critical thinker with proven ability to execute on multiple projects at once and on schedule – either working independently or in a team environment
- Proactive, resourceful and highly motivated with strong communication skills and a proven ability to work in a high output environment
- Accurate and weekly time keeping “Turbine and Generator Experts at Your Service”
- Demonstrated consistent and strong bottom line impact through billable hours and business development impact
- Outstanding level of client feedback on project execution
- Travel as required to support projects and business development initiatives
- Professional engineering and advanced degree are preferred
Working Conditions and Environmental / Physical Demands
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Ability to travel if required, including overnight travel and the ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas.