RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Solidworks Designer/Drafter for our client in the Bellevue, WA area. This is a contract position opportunity.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Designer. In this role, you will create structural and mechanical design solutions, 3D CAD models, and engineering drawings for the conceptual and preliminary design development of advanced Generation IV nuclear reactors. Candidates must have extensive experience in mechanical/structural design and drafting using a mainstream CAD system.
- Produce robust CAD models that facilitate fast-paced design evolution and derivative creation that leverage advanced CAD modeling techniques and methodologies.
- Develop and maintain highly complex mechanical designs. Pro-actively seek out, research, and propose unique solutions. Conduct trade studies to down-select best option.
- Use model configurations to support analysis needs, such as: Structural, Neutronics, Thermal-Hydraulic, Radiological, Safety, etc.
- Document design progress, changes, and decisions via TerraPower’s internal & external online collaboration workspaces.
- Create supporting technical presentations, documents, and reports as needed.
- Create engineering drawings (layout, detail, interface control, general arrangement, etc.) per ASME 14.1 and Y14.5 standards.
- Perform tolerance stack up calculations.
- Check and review drawings for accuracy of information and conformance to ASME & TerraPower drafting standards via electronic redline process.
- Ensure and maintain configuration control of models/drawings via TerraPower’s product data and product life-cycle management software.
- Regularly review design group generated documents and propose improvements. Pro-actively contribute to written guidance and standards development.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- CAD proficiency in SoildWorks
- Creative thinker with strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to work multiple tasks concurrently with minimum direction to solve challenging problems
- Organized and detail oriented, with excellent writing and communication skills
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trustworthiness and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
- Demonstrated experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Experience checking fabrication drawings
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Experience in Mechanical and Machine Design
- Experience using a product data management (PDM) system preferred
- Accountable to the Mechanical Design Senior Manager for functional direction and to ensure that work is performed, and projects are designed, in a safe, reliable and efficient manner in accordance with standard operating documents and all applicable laws, regulations, codes, standards, and technical requirements.
- Accountable to the Project Managers and Project Engineers for implementing project design requirements and for having project design performed with trained and qualified engineers.
- Resolving interpretation issues for implementing design standards.
- Approve discipline specific guides, design criteria, and instructions.
- Approve written responses/presentations to external organizations that are applicable to the discipline.
- Reassignment of specific staff to assist in completion of corporate and project scope, as coordinated with the projects, for project and discipline areas within the Engineering Manager’s responsibility.
- Approve discipline specific engineering products/documents.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 30 pounds
Repetitive work: Prolonged
Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
Travel required: 0-5%
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.