RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Sr. Design Lead (Plant Layout) for our client in the Bellevue, WA area. This is a contract opportunity.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our client Is seeking to contract with a highly motivated Design Lead – Plant Layout. In this role, you will act as the lead managing the Plant Layout BIM 3D model for our client’s advanced nuclear reactor project. The Plant Layout 3D model includes all major physical design elements of the Plant, including equipment, piping and electrical runs, HVAC, and overall building arrangements. The successful candidate will coordinate between the design engineers working on systems, structures and components of the Plant, and the physical modeling teams to develop and coordinate ongoing engineering work and the Plant Layout 3D model.
• Coordinates geographically diverse team members to develop the 3D plant model and associated drawings
• Manages the strategy for smart phased population of the model over time based on the active design phase and with the goal of minimizing rework
• Works closely with the Design and Drafting Groups to provide any necessary ties between the Plant 3D model and other SolidWorks component models
• Works closely with client partners or Architect/Engineer firm(s) to establish and control interfaces to balance of plant (BOP) systems and structures
• Develops documentation of the overall plant and relevant procedures for modeling work
• Manages plant arrangement risks such as space envelope reservations, maintenance and testing requirements, construction considerations, etc.
• Coordinates with other design groups and system lead engineers to ensure the design and model is consistent across interfacing systems
• Generates quantity reports using 3D Plant Design tools
Key Qualifications and Skills
• The successful candidate will display leadership skills by helping the project team strategically plan the progression of model updates as well as strategically plan the design assumptions in the 3D model while all finalized design decisions are not yet known.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant design experience, preferably in nuclear power plant design or modifications.
• Must be extremely proficient in 3D plant modeling tools, such as AVEVA, SmartPlant, or Revit; AVEVA experience preferred.
• The candidate must be self-sufficient in 3D model work.
• The candidate must be team oriented, willing to operate within a matrix organization and able to work effectively with geographically distributed and possibly international design team members.
• Experience in working with a 3D plant model in a hosting or workshare environment between multiple companies or sites is desirable.
• Possess project management skills enabling coordination of model updates across multiple organizations to meet schedule needs, and to manage any subcontracts associated with modeling work.
• Strong communication skills and be able to provide leadership in presenting 3D model content to senior management, the engineering team, customers etc.
• Ability to work in a conceptual design environment effectively where design assumptions must be made.
• The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in a laboratory setting with fluctuating temperatures
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.