RCS has an immediate need for a Sr. Project Manager in California. This is a full-time contract assignment with a potential to roll direct after 6 months. RCS offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our client is a utility specialty contractor with over 20 years of experience working with the nation's largest utility providers, private contractors and developers, municipalities and cooperatives. They specialize in providing turnkey solutions for project of all sizes, and do so with dedication to completing the job on-time while providing the industry’s most innovative safety standards and are driven by a corporate culture of Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus and Employee Empowerment.
Manages complex projects consisting of cross functional teams involving multiple engineering disciplines and multiple construction areas including contract resources. Responsible for managing the scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance of multiple construction projects and programs. May also manage high profile projects with direct accountability for project execution while leading a team to accomplish project objectives within a given time frame and with limited resources.
Customer Satisfaction and Relationships:
- Collaborates with the Executive Vice President and Account Manager to develop a relationship plan and assigns personnel to maintain relationships as appropriate level.
Contract and Financial Performance:
- Responsible for management and execution of contracts.
- Manages changes or scope creep with contract change orders and review of originally contracted scope with customer.
- Responsible for ensuring client tracking systems will support contract and reporting requirements.
- Ensures all data is accurately entered into the client system in a timely manner.
- Supports the Account Manager in establishing the departmental budget.
- Ensures all project / contracts meet financial performance expectations (P&L).
- Requests support resources to develop bid strategy as needed.
- Assigns resources in developing the estimate and proposal.
- Interfaces with Superintendent, General Foreman and Account Manager to develop bid strategies.
Project Management Performance:
- Directs Project Managers to ensure job setup, production accuracy, cost accuracy, change orders and invoicing through job close are accurate and completed on time.
- Provides project / program / contract status reports on overall project / program / contract performance to Account Managers as required.
- Responsible for forecasting and exception reports.
- Addresses any emergent work request activities. Identifies resource requirements (manpower & equipment) and schedule to department managers to obtain field resources to execute the work.
- Establishes a resource loaded schedule for all assigned projects.
- Leads project teams and uses project management tools and processes to execute projects including but not limited to:
- Review and acceptance of contractual terms and conditions.
- Inclusion of customer requirements and procedures into execution plan.
- Leading team in development and execution of project plan and schedule.
- Monitoring performance against key performance indicators and adjusting plan to get back on track.
- Applying lessons learned.
- Managing project team performance.
- Identifying high risk activities and developing mitigation plans.
- Maintaining customer awareness of project status, issues, changes, etc.
- Follows all client applicable defined processes and procedures.
- Ensures project managers are appropriately handling all aspects of the project from concept to placing facilities in service.
- Ensures quality of the data provided to the customer.
- Responsible for providing periodic project status reports and performance reports to customer.
- Ensures project managers are solving all customer issues or concerns regarding the project.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and strong computer literacy.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task are essential. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in project management or direct supervisory role.
- 5 years of management/supervisory experience or demonstrated proficiency and experience managing large complex projects using project management techniques including:
- Planning and control: Product/work breakdown structures, Critical path analysis
- Issue and risk management: Identification, assessment and management of project risks including contingency plans
- PM tools: Methods and techniques for planning, scheduling, resource balancing, monitoring cost
- Business case development: Cost/benefit evaluations
- Progress Reporting: Cost/schedule curves, Project status reports, Earned value analysis
- Prefer advanced technical degree/MBA or Project Management Certificate (PMP), PE
- Proven leadership ability in a high performance culture.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, communicate effectively, engage others in the required processes and hold people accountable.