Iselin, New Jersey
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Staff Accountant in Iselin, NJ. The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual with strong excel skills and a background in accounting/accounts payable. In this position, you will work in a corporate accounting setting, under the direction of an Accounting Manager and Controller. This is a full time contract position with the possibility to roll direct. RCS offers paid time off, paid holidays, and a competitive benefits plan!
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet, P&L , intercompany account reconciliations journal entries, prepaid and accrual schedules.
- Responsible for monthly close process of assigned areas.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements as required by management.
- Review of overhead expenditures, investigating entries and resolving/understanding transactions and variances.
- Liaise with Corporate Services and querying and understanding resultant P&L charges from Balance Sheet.
- Ensuring internal audit processes are complied with.
- Provide audit support for year-end financial and tax audits.
- Accounting for leases
- Internal audit
- Government reporting
- Special projects as required.
- Overtime required as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 6+ years’ experience in fast paced accounting environment (large international company preferred)
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Ability to work with large amount of data
- Intermediate Excel Skills Required, (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, INDEX MATCH, IFs, SUMIF,)
- Good Oral & Written communication Skills
- Must be deadline driven and able to work independently