RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Substation Project Manager located in Davenport, Muscatine, Iowa City, Iowa. This is a full-time 3 year contract position. Due to the nature of this position, this candidate must be a US Citizen.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
This position plans, designs and manages the full cycle of power delivery design engineering or design engineering/construction projects and assumes full responsibility for profit or loss. This includes managing all activities related to project scope, schedule, cost, quality, communications, resources, procurement and risk elements to optimize client service, quality and financial responsibility.
- Leads the planning and implementation of small to medium power delivery engineering projects ranging in complexity and utilizing engineering resources from multiple office locations.
- Supports business development/sales by participating in project scoping, fee development, proposal preparation, interviews, negotiations, and contract development to the extent required.
- Reviews assigned project(s) after award to define project scope, determine work procedures/sequences and develops schedules, budgets, staffing, vendor lists and progress billing points.
- Forms a project team and sees that responsibilities are assigned, and the execution of tasks are begun and completed according to schedule.
- Submits documents to federal, state and local authorities for code compliance review and obtains permits required.
- Meets with client management as necessary during the term of a project to resolve issues and to obtain approvals at the project’s completion.
- Maintains a continuing business relationship with clients as part of ongoing business development efforts.
- Plans, organizes, communicates and coordinates project engagements.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of project engagements including Clients and Project Teams.
- Prepares project opening orders, project outlines, project initiation, project schedules, project executions and project closings.
- Achieves project objectives including quality/scopes, budgets, and schedules.
- Maintains detailed, accurate and comprehensive Project Records.
- Achieves project performance metrics established for the engagement (i.e. target margins, revenue, multiplier, etc.).
- Identifies and negotiates potential out of scope work. Manages contract change orders.
- Identifies and manages project risk from the proposal phase through the duration of the project.
- Trains, mentors, and oversees other Technical Task Leads.
- Interfaces directly with the client and internal management to report progress, cost, schedule, and risks across a portfolio of substation, transmission, and distribution projects.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering (preferred, but not required).
- Minimum of eight years in the power delivery experience, substation preferred.
- Minimum of four years in project management experience.
- PE is strongly preferred (or able to obtain soon).
- Firm understanding of project financial accounting.
- Thorough understanding of various types of power delivery projects (transmission, substation, distribution).
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capabilities and success in managing medium to large projects, multi-office projects, and/or multiple projects.
- Due to the nature of the work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Job Knowledge
- Quality of Work
- Budget and Cost Control and Performance
- Risk Management
- Judgment and Initiative
- Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork
- Adherence to Company Policies and Teamwork
- Client Satisfaction