RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Supplier Project Engineer (Materials) for our client in the Bellevue, WA area. This is a 1-year contract opportunity with the potential of extension.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our client is seeking to contract with a highly motivated Supplier Project Engineer to support the engineering efforts of the Materials and Chemistry Discipline team. This role will work as part of a high functioning team of engineers focused on materials processing, supply chain development and supplier qualification for next generation material and components for sodium cooled fast reactors. This individual will be responsible for management, oversight and technical integration of supplier projects within the materials development team of the reactor, including supplier development for critical reactor materials as well as major materials testing efforts at universities and national laboratories.
- Develop procurement specifications as necessary to communicate supplier technical work scope. Work scope may include material procurement, manufacturing process development, multiyear material test programs, and test samples/equipment.
- Develop statements of work (SOW) and project planning to execute supplier projects to meet program objectives.
- Support supplier selection activities with requests for proposals (RFPs) and team review/selection processes.
- Provide direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator and the technical representative to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables to meet requirements.
- Coordinate technical review process of supplier deliverables and ensure appropriate responses.
- Manage technical interfaces between supplier projects and interfacing projects/activities within.
- Provide support to contract administration and commercial activities as needed to implement projects.
- Maintain awareness of supplier technical capabilities, organization changes and relationships to ensure positive feedback.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years' experience developing requirements specifications, defining supplier technical work scope to include development of SOWs, RFPs and providing technical direction and oversight of supplier projects.
- Engineering degree relevant to materials science and engineering preferred. Graduate degrees in pertinent disciplines welcomed.
- Demonstrated skills in the technical direction of suppliers and in supporting contractual/commercial aspects of customer/supplier relationships.
- Previous experience in technical interface with engineering groups for review and input to supplier activities.
- Must have experience in writing statements of work, specifications for procurement, testing and manufacturing/fabrication.
- Must have experience with project controls and organization along with tools and processes to support the same.
- A general understanding of the design of reactor plant and related systems and experience with sodium cooled fast reactors would be considered a plus
- Ability to work with minimum direction to solve challenging problems
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in a laboratory setting with fluctuating temperatures
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%