RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a System Design Engineer for our client in the Bellevue, WA area. This is a 1-year contract opportunity with the potential of extension.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
The System Design Engineer reports directly to the System Design Manager and is focused on the design of primarily mechanical handling and process systems. In this role, you will create structural and mechanical design solutions, 3D CAD models and engineering drawings for the conceptual and preliminary design development for advanced Generation IV reactors. Candidates must have extensive experience in mechanical/structural design and drafting using a mainstream CAD system.
- Coordinate input and requirements from the Engineering and Project teams to produce mechanical and structural design solutions.
- Provide planning and schedule input for design activities
- Create CAD models optimized for anticipated future work and engineering drawings
- Create engineering drawings, applying ASME 14.1 and Y14.5 standards
- Perform scoping analysis and calculations for design options
- Interface with the team’s engineering analysis activities
- Present mechanical design results for design reviews
- Assess technical merit of solutions provided by team members, including leading mechanical design reviews
- Interface with Subcontractors, providing direction and assimilating their work
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities
Key Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent preferred
- A minimum of five years of CAD proficiency is required, SoildWorks preferred
- Ten years of mechanical and/or structural design experience is desired
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, creative thinker
- Ability to work with minimum direction to solve challenging problems
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week
- Nuclear design experience preferred
- Experience with design codes such as the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code is desired
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trustworthiness and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in a laboratory setting with fluctuating temperatures
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.