Santa Fe, New Mexico
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Technical Lead in Santa Fe, NM. This is a direct hire assignment. Our client is seeking hard-working and innovative team members.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our Client designs, manufactures and provides custom radiometric instrumentation systems. They specialize in Uranium and Plutonium Characterization; Very Low-Level Waste through to High Level Waste and TRU Waste Characterization. They utilize Total and Passive/Active Neutron Coincidence Counting techniques in addition to High and Low Resolution Gamma Spectroscopy techniques to fully characterize a wide variety of nuclear materials
Provide senior technical leadership on assigned projects. Coordinates with Project Manager to provide technical guidance in project planning, design, and implementation activities necessary to deliver project deliverables. Defines project deliverables, timelines, priorities, and milestones, leads the activities of the technical team, and is the project design authority. Technical leads are accountable for adhering to all safety and quality requirements while performing assigned tasks.
The position may be designated as a Senior Technical Lead. The senior level designation is reserved for those with experience and technical skill for performing the most complex, largest, or otherwise most challenging assignments, based on a variety of conditions and / or constraints and is determined on both a substantive and a subjective basis by Management.
- Leading the design of Electo/Mechanical systems used in the nuclear waste characterization industry.
- Leading the design of Public Address and Alarm Systems in nuclear facilities.
- Authoring project documents such as System Design Documents, Operation Manuals, Test Plans, etc.
- Determining project requirements and develop work schedules for the team.
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to required standards.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required.
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
- Performing technical evaluations, writing technical sections, and supporting cost estimates for client proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in engineering, physics, or other technical field, plus a minimum of ten years total related experience in engineering and/or project management.
- Demonstrated experience in technical project management and client relations in a design/manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of nondestructive assay technologies and processes preferred
- Knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement Programs.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients.
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, to begin projects independently (or as assigned), and to bring projects (or assignments) to satisfactory conclusion on a timely basis.
- Ability to perform additional duties/assignment is needed to meet departmental and/or organizational goals.
- Ability to manage team of engineers of diverse disciplines
- Skilled use of MS Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint required. Experience with Primavera, AutoCAD, or SolidWorks preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative to those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to regularly stand, walk, and use hands to lift or handle objects tools or controls. The employee may be occasionally required to bend or kneel or sit for an extended period of time. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.